"Only when the Power of Love outweighs the Love of Power will we truly be at Peace"

-Jimi Hendricks


Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery but Today is a Gift, that's why it's called the Present.

-Crazy Old Turtle

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Holy smokes its been a while

In my defense it has been a crazy year. Promotion, new responsibilities, gettin hitched...

Well in case anybody still checks this old thing and don't already know...

No we are not pregnant, sheesh.

But I did re-enlist in the Marines and we have orders to go back to 29 Palms, CA in October.

I am very excited to get back to a real base and a real Unit. I am looking forward to never doing a Marine Funeral again(hopefully). It was a great honor but it really has worn on me.

No more Drill weekends, no more reservists!!! No offense brothers of mine.

No more filling FIVE billets, when I should have only one! No more trying to spread my time between driving my giant forklift, managing the Publications, Modifications, Supply management and Float account, missing my weekends doing Color Guards, while trying to become PME complete, upgrade my MCMAP belt and somehow...do my ACTUAL job.

Sorry if none of that makes sense, it was mostly a rant about how slammed I have been.

Oh ya and did I mention that I am a newlywed. Some time with my hot new wife would be nice:)

All in all It has been a great year. Nothing really good to complain about, I really do love my job!

So heres hoping that this little bit of inspiration keeps me going on my terrible blogging streak.

Oh and did I mention that the NFL kicked off the opening game today...Brees and Farve are both looking great!

4 comments:

Kara said...

It is totally awesome to hear anything about your life! Sounds like you are crazy busy. Congrats on going back to CA...hope Audi's family still love you now that you are taking her away. :)

Kate said...

It's good to see you in the blog list. I've missed reading about your life! I hope you never have to do a funeral again either...I can't even imagine.

Good Luck with the packing and moving...well, tell Audi good luck with the packing since I'm sure she will be the one doing it. :D

Keep posting! I miss you!

Cami Sue said...

Great to hear from you (even if half the post didn't make sense to me. :) ).

Here's hoping your life will slow down a little bit so you can enjoy time with your cute wife.

carl can said...

I like your blog,and also like the article,and thank you for provide me so much information :)) click here